The Public Works Department builds, maintains, and oversees a growing infrastructure. We are committed to providing quality service to the community. We measure success by a spirit of teamwork, responsible environmental stewardship, pride in work, and enjoyment of our contributions.
Public Facilities and Rights-Of-Way
The Public Works Department manages, maintains, and operates public facilities and public rights-of-way. Primary responsibilities include:
- storm drains,
- street lights, traffic signals and signage.
City Infrastructure Systems
In addition, the department oversees the planning, designing, and construction of city infrastructure systems, including:
- Sanitary sewer collection
- Stormwater collection
- Transportation, including roads
- Water supply and distribution
- The road system, including installing and repairing signs and signals, mowing shoulders, and keeping our streets clean and safe
- The stormwater system, including maintaining culverts, creeks, and ditches
The City of Sammamish places tremendous importance on our natural resources. We aim to create built environments that preserve and respect them.
The City of Sammamish contracts with and regulates curbside services provided by Republic Services.
Learn more on the City's Solid Waste Resource Page.
Right of Way:
Obstructing, working in and/or using public right of way requires a permit. Learn more about Right of Way Use permits.
- Public Works Standards
- Deviation Request
- King County Surface Water Design Manual
- Drainage Adjustment Request
- Sammamish Municipal and Developmental Code
Learn more about development review and permitting.